Re: [MV] M35 Tires

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 05:31:42 PST

In <list-1412454@skylee.com>, on 12/14/01
   at 08:31 AM, "Buzz Szarek" <buzz@toast.net> said:

>Even better...

>Before you begin to work on the tire drive the truck onto a piece of 2X4
>positioned under one of the inside rear duals that is not in need of
>repair.

>Park the truck.

>Remove the good outside dual.

>Remove / repair the bad wheel / tire.

>Put the deflated assembled wheel / tire onto the empty spot on the rear
>(where you removed the good wheel).

>Bolt it down solid.

>Inflate. (earplugs optional)

>If this thing lets go absolutely nothing will happen except it will make
>lots of noise.

Where are you standing when you inflate this tire? So the split ring is on
the inside, thus nothing will explode outward? Frankly, I'd rather be
standing up by the front bumper using a 30 foot extension hose.

I recently met a kid who is now running a whole towing/truck repair
operation. He lost his dad to an exploding tire.

>YMMV,

>Best of luck,

Bill

--