Re: [MV] Government Liquidators Rated

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 07:43:55 PST

Overall I give them a C-

I've bought 4 lots now from Government Liquidators (Levy-Latham). I found
the on site staff to be nice enough, but ran into the following problems:

1. Contact at my local site is poor. Phone calls don't get returned... it's
up to you to track them down.

2. Award notice. Poor. I got one phone call notice of an award. The rest
I had to find by going online and looking up "winning bids" they totally
dropped the ball.

3. No online records after auction. Unlike DRMO once the auction is over,
whatever info about the items is immediately pulled. You better note what
you're bidding on for future reference cause all you can find later is the
item number.

4. Buyers premium. Just remember whatever you bid, the price goes up
because the auctioneer now adds his fee, unlike drmo that didn't have a
buyers premium.

Good part:

1. Photo online are generally available for all merchandise.

2. Can't think of a number 2! lol