NP208 vs NP205?

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 08:04:08 PST

This is still in regards to the 1972 suburban. You may think this is not
MV related, but it is! If I didn't have that suburban for my wife to ride
in , I wouldn't have my CUCV to drive to work in! Long story I will not
bore you with. =^)
        Ok, I know the NP205 is cast iron and the NP208 is aluminum. Do these
both "bolt in" the same, or do they require some sort of conversion? My
thinking is, instead of getting the heavy duty 205, for A LOT more money, I
may go with the 208 for economy...especially since I don't use the 4x4 that
harshly. About all I use the truck for is on-road, highway driving, or
hauling a 2 horse trailer. What do y'all think?

Thanks,
Brian Mead
Griffin, Ga
1944 MB