Re: [MV] M548 track question

From: Jim Webster (jimweb@simonides.prestel.co.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 11:41:02 PST

Richard Notton wrote:

> [...]

Its because of the torsion bar suspension system. The length of the
torsion bars [width of the hull] means that the roadwheels are not
opposite each other - they are offset slightly and this makes one sides
track slightly longer than the other.

I have an extremely technical paper explaining all this somewhere round
here by Ogorkiewizc and if anyone is really interested in a paper full
of big words and baffling explanations then I will dig it out :-)

TTFN
Jim
ICQ: 58721472