Re: [MV] M548 track question

From: Mike S (tankcity@globalnet.co.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 03:09:22 PST

Late following up this thread as usual. The man's original query was how
many pads he should allow for when ordering a new vehicle set. I am not
sure whether the same replacement pad can be bolted to either mark of link.
The curious thing here is that almost *any* make of tank from no matter what
country and no matter what size seems to require approx 65 to 68 links per
side. I have never understood why this constant always seems to apply. No
doubt the gravitational effect theorists will have something to say on this
too. Seems to me that if there is a LH turning effect and one could drive a
tracked vehicle far enough, one would be in grave danger of disappearing up
one's own exhaust pipe in a puff of blue smoke!
Merry Xmas. Mike S. RR Services. UK.