Re: [MV] Electrical Problem

From: Buzz (buzz@softcom.net)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 11:04:03 PST

Alan,
If remember correctly, and that's a stretch at my age... all of the gauges are feed with one +24
line coming off of the ignition sw. that is then connected to one of the circuit breakers on the
left side of the dash. SOoooo.... trace out those wires and your problem should be solved. A
ground is not required at the dash panel because all the gauges go to ground through their
individual sensors.
Here's a tip, unless you already know it. Use some silicon grease on the connectors it makes it
much easier to connect and disconnect them.
If you're interested... check out my restoration progress page at.
http://www.lanset.com/buzz/muttrest.html

Merry Christmas,
Buzz

On 24 Dec 2001 10:39:02 -0800, you wrote:
>I have solved the oil leak problem I asked about in the recent past ( Bad rear oil pan seal) and
now have a new problem. I replaced the wiring harnesses in the Mutt and find that non of my gages
work. I have juice and lights to my gage panel, my lights ,and horn etc. work fine and the engine
turns over well. The generator is cranking normally. The ground to the panel is intact. I'm going to
start going through the TM but I know there must be someone out there with knowledge that may save
me some time solving this. It must be some common problem to cause all the gages to fail. They all
worked prior to the rebuild.Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to all..................Alan