NARA Research / '39 QM Rgt Panel

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 10:47:10 PST

Looks like I may be going to Wash.D.C. late April, 2002.
  I REALLY, REALLY want to research my old
QM panel truck.
  I know that Mr. Gilmore and David Doyle may
have some do's and don'ts, does anyone else
have any good ideas?
  The GENESIS of this thing is what fascinates me, although I'll look
for ANY info I can. In other words, who designed, created, approved of
such a limited-application vehicle? One with
expensive options, to boot! I really believe (especially since Mr.
Everette Doyle saw one in
Arkansas) that this thing was part of a very limited production...
  David Doyle suggested War Assets Administration Records (WAA). I've
seen references to National Guard Bureau (NGB) and Militia Bureau.
  I can't even decipher a full W#! Boy, have I tried!
  Anybody know of a reliable researcher at NARA that might fit the bill?
One with mil-veh
background? I'd like to have someone do some
groundwork for me..
Thanks, Don