NARA Research / '39 QM Rgt Panel

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 07:33:55 PST

Richard Lathrop asks a very good question about my quest for info.
  To paraphrase him " try (your) State National
Guard Records first".
  Well. there really are no records, atleast everyone I've contacted
says so.
  Remember, I've already been "on the case"
for going on FOUR years!
  I've been EVERYWHERE, in person and by computer in the State of
California--no luck!
  There's more CA military history to be had on
ebay then at the CA Military Museum in Sacramento! (Only a SLIGHT
exaggeration)
   My personal library now EASILY exceeds ANYTHING that I've seen
anywhere. It's very
focused, though. Late 30's to mid-50's National
Guard (especially CA) Yearboooks, insignia, Real Photo Postcards, etc.
  So, Wash. D.C. and NARA seems like the next logical step. No?
  Thanks, Don