[MVlist] Re: [MV] Fog Oil for Smoke Generators?

From: Sean Bathrick (Bathrick@nachem.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 06:43:02 PST

I have heard that concrete form oil is a very close match to fog oil and is used in a lot of aircraft smoke generators, used at air shows.
Sean

MVPA 14222
53 M38A1
51 M135
67 M416

>>> "Wayne Harris" <wharris19@hotmail.com> 12/27/01 08:24PM >>>
>The TM mentions that it uses SGF2 "fog oil". Can this be purchased
>anywhere by civilians, or is there a readily available substitute for
>this type of oil?

>From the web
"Oil fog = standard gas fuel-2 (ie, fog oil [SGF2]),

SGF2 is one type of chemical smoke obscurant used in the military. SGF2 is
generated by injecting a light petroleum-based lubricating oil onto a heated
engine exhaust manifold, causing the oil to vaporize and eventually
recondense in the atmosphere. Petroleum oil smokes are the least toxic
smokes. They seldom produce ill effects even after prolonged or multiple
exposures."

Sounds like any light weight oil will do. Wayne

http://us.click.yahoo.com/IgTaHA/ZQdDAA/ySSFAA/9rHolB/TM
**Please trim your replies**
**Do not post in HTML or "Rich Text" mode**
**Plain ASCII Text only please**
**Attachments will be stripped**