Re: [MV] Machine Gun on M151A1 plus carb question

From: Richard Lathrop (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 08:55:43 PST

Reason for the turnover to the ARVN was that the 7.62 NATO has been adapted and all the .30 cal phased out of the supply system. I have a 1967 dated report where the MP's were recommending changing over to the M73 on the V100 evaluation vehicles they had due to problems getting ammunition for the .30 cal M37 MG.

All ARVN V-100's were armed with the .30/.50 combo turret or twin .30 cal MG's.

Rick

From: "Ken Boge" <ken@clovermachine.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 08:29:42 -0800