Re: [MV] Machine Gun on M151A1 plus carb question

From: Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 08:29:42 PST

Tony,

The basic US Army vehicle color used circa Vietnam is semigloss olive drab
(#24087).
Mark at Rapco carries Gillespie paints. www.rapcopartscompany.com
There are other dealers that carry Gillespie and some advertise in "Military
Vehicles" magazine.

As I recall the South Vietnamese (ARVN) were given a large number of .30 cal
machine guns by US.
The only ones I saw were in use by them. They were mounted on all types of
vehicles from APCs to Jeeps.
Can't recall seeing any US operated vehicles with .30s on them. M60's were
plentiful then.

Ken