1438 Section 1062?

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Sat Dec 29 2001 - 21:00:43 PST

First off I'm looking for some(8-12) 1/4 (28)X1/2 or close Philips pan
head bolts. Can find longer, but want finished end.They hold windshield
on the hood (brackets anyway) M37 3/4 ton Dodge Cargo Truck.

Second, I not sure if this section 1062 is totally gone yet, but you can
be sure it will come up again. Is there something that could be developed
by our list to replace the broad spectrum of language used. I am no
legislator
or lawyer, but I can see the government wanting to get back sensitive items,
that were supposed to be demilled and slipped out. This doesn't include
every day items like vehicles or weapons that aren't mass destruction. I
have
heard of computers going out surplus with classified material on them or any
other thing you can think of. Maybe there is no clear way to define these
items.
I realize that lobbyist are trying to change wording or delete this section,
but I
thought they did it last year. I am concerned that each time it comes up it
will
be harder to stop. I'm not sure if we need this section, but evidently
someone with
the power does. Locally the county (next door) tried to pass a 1 % sales tax
for
schools. This was easily defeated the first time second time was close and
third
time went right through then they told people they needed to raise property
taxes
also which sales tax was supposed to take care of. This was in a short
period of
time, less than 1 1/2 years. I know there are some knowledgeable people on
this list.
That's why I belong to it. What do you think?

Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net
Iowa MVPA website: http://showcase.netins.net/web/iamvpa/