Re: [MV] New Movie, Air Cav in Vietnam

From: TacticalTruck@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 05:26:26 PST

In a message dated 12/30/01 3:48:46 AM, tonycastagno@verticalthought.com
writes:

>found another ride

We Were Soldiers Once... was an 'approved' DOD script and so they got a bunch
of trucks free from the US Army. I did a little consulting for the
transportation coordinator to help him get it right. It'll be interesting to
see how he did. The Army even cam up with some M151A2s for him to use. Since
the film takes place in 1966 I told him he'd need to at least modify the
front fenders and ditch the composite lights of the A2s to look more like A1s
at a distance.
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com