IDF Patrol "jeep" - Israeli Storm / "Sufa" ?? was: Test (AOL)

From: BlackBox95@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 08:45:28 PST

Hello list,

I hope everybody had a good holiday, and that new years will be fun and safe
for everyone. My "Test" was successful. except i sent it to all three
accounts that i know of for the mil-veh list....lol. Just not sure which one
went through. For anyone who does use AOL, it seems that "mil-veh@skylee.org"
works still. I lost my address book, and just wasnt sure which addr accepted
AOL 6.0 posts. Skylee.org still works fine.

For the MV content, I am interested in getting some information on a light
4x4 vehicle used by the Israel Military and Police forces. They are made by a
company in Nazareth called Automotive Industries LTD. The Storms are modeled
after the long versions of the 1991 Jeep YJ Wrangler. The "sufa" is the
Hebrew name for Storm. They have had about 8 different grille/fender combos
since they began production. There are a few versions, including a recoiless
gun carrier, troop transport, hardtop model, and a fully armored version. Any
info, pics, or contact info would be great. I am interested in the possiblity
of importing some body tubs, doors, hardtops, grilles, and even possibly a
complete vehicle (w/ or w/o motor for emissions sake) into the US for a
"Jeep" project.

<A HREF="http://www.ail.co.il/stormmain.htm">
http://www.ail.co.il/stormmain.htm> Storm / Sufa

Thanks for any tips,