Re: [MV] question for our British friends

From: Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 21:03:08 PST

Hi David and List,

Actually, the Thornycroft that you are referring to was Sir John Isaac
Thorycroft, an eminent naval Architect from about 150 years ago.

There are now several divisions of the company that he founded, now called
Vosper Thornycroft and they build all sorts of naval stuff, from destroyers
downward.

Inshore patrol boats are their speciality and they have a very active site
where I come from in Portsmouth (that's the Original Portsmouth in good old
Blighty) and they build heavily-armed gunboats for whichever despot has
enough no-questions-asked dough to buy one. Quite how that fits in with
Phoney Tony's Ethical Foreign Policy beats me but that's off-topic, so we
won't go there......

:-)

Cheers
Gavin