Info needed on WWII USMC International M-5H-6

From: INDUSTELE@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 18:55:54 PST

Gentlemen, I've stumbled across an International M-5H-6 in Birmingham,
Alabama. It runs and drives, but is missing drivers door. Also has a read
bed that may be a post war civilian affair, or it could be a type of wrecker
body. Does anyone have photos, or know of a link to a site with photos, of a
USMC International wrecker. Berndt (Sp??) lists a wrecker version, but
indicates that it has an A frame hoist. This one has a swivel boom (at least
partial swivel). Could be a late war military modification, could be a post
war military modification, but I suspect it is a post war civilian adaptation
to a need. If so I'd be in need of a bed, which I assume would be like
finding the "Holy Grail," I've looked for a GMC bed for 5 years with no luck,
so I'm sure an International bed will not be available at the local AutoZone.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tom Campbell - Birmingham, Alabama