Re: [MV] Info needed on WWII USMC International M-5H-6

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 19:14:36 PST

Tom,
Just south of Memphis there is a M-5H-6 hulk (no bed, Bantam crane fitted) I
MAY be able to find it again if you need. There may be a few usable parts
(had sat in grove of trees for 20 years when I saw it ten years ago!)
There is a photo of a M-5H-6 wrecker on page 328 of Crismon's Wheeled vehicle
book. It is A frame type. Somewhere around here I have a photo of a CCKW
fitted with an Austin Western wrecker bed very similar to the one on a
M108/M60...they may well be fitted to IH's as well.
Really excellent series of articles on Internationals appeared a few years
ago in either MV or Army Motors.
Of course, you could contact Shirley Laird in North Bend, Oregon...likely the
person who has more military cornbinders than anyone else.
Hope this helps,
David Doyle