Desert Storm Vehicles...Solid Sand Color or Desert Camo Pattern?

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 15:36:48 PST

Hi List...

I just saw this M1009 on eBay (no, not one that I have any stake in):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=600094881

and it got me to wondering if the military ever actually painted
Desert Storm vehicles in a camo pattern. Is the above camo original
or did the seller paint it that way?

Most all of the Desert Storm HMMWVs and CUCVs I've seen are solid sand
color (30277) which is the color I used on my M1007. I drove by an NG
yard a while back and noticed a number of trailers and shelters
painted in a desert camo pattern...just like woodland camo but desert
colors.

I would consider painting my M1007 in desert camo if I knew it was
actually used by the military.

Any direct experience out there?

Thanks.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net