MV: was: field phones at home

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 00:09:27 PST

with apologies to the original author, here's the original posting from the archives:
Subj:

       Re: [MV] TA-838/tt Field Phone

       Fri, 30 Nov 2001 2:51:09 AM Eastern Standard Time

       "C C" <n2rdp@hotmail.com>

>Can any of you list experts tell me how and what settings to use to >hook
>this phone up to my house?

 On the phone, there's a rotary switch that you need a screwdriver to set.
 The settings on the rotary are divided into "2 Wire" and "4 Wire" settings.
 Set the rotary switch to DC/CB in the "2 Wire" group of settings.

 There's also 4 push terminals on the phone, 2 are marked "XMT" and 2 are
 marked "RCV." Connect your phone line to the terminals marked "XMT."

 I did put batteries in my TA-838 because I also use it with other military
 commo gear, but it should work on a commercial phone line without them.