Re: [MV] MV: was: field phones at home

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 00:23:24 PST

Thanks for digging that up...I just want to clarify
for other folks that that info is for the TA-838 which
is an altogether different phone than the TA-1042.

The TA-838 is the replacement of the TA-312 while the
TA-1042 is more closely related in function to the
TA-954. Like the TA-1042, the TA-954 is also a
digital non-secure voice terminal (DNVT) and is
commonly found in Mobile Subsciber Communications
(MSC) systems.

Believe me, I wish I could use the TA-1042 on
commercial telco...it's a neat little phone and it
would really amuse (or freak out) house guests. :-)
(They already love the TA-312 with the DTMF
modification!)

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV