Re: [MV] Truck on Ebay

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 07:41:44 PST

  Mark

    This was an IHC Crash / Rescue Airfield truck. It was
probably an original Navy or Marine since they went to IHC
for their trucks since the Chevys, GMC's and Dodges were
all tied to production contracts for the Army.

If it were on the East coast I would have gone after it
since I have been lusting after a WW II Crash and each
one I have encountered has slipped by me.. The Army version
of this truck is the Chevy QM110 built as 3 versions. Early
with mid mounted pump, second with pump in front of grill
and the third was a FT mount designed more for bush fires..

I know .. More than you wanted to know .. :-) I've become
some what of a mini expert on these since I started playing
with 1 1/2 ton Chevys and started looking for one ..

                                 Bob B