Re: [MV] A military Delorean?

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 18:39:57 PST

Hi Pete,

>You may be right. Or it maybe the 1450 is an earlier model that Crismon
>didn't have information on when he wrote that book. If the USMC only ordered
>five, the number might have been so small that it was overlooked in his
>research.

I forgot to note that my information came from Crismon :-) Best source
of "geek" military vehicle trivia I have ever purchased!

>They might also have tested a couple of the 1500 models and then
>decided not to order any others.

I think if you went through Crismon's book and counted up all the
vehicles which were failed pilot projects they would outnumber the
accepted models 5:1 :-) Man, there are so many crazy things which the US
military has played around with. Some of them look so cool that I'm
tempted to find out where I could get one, until I see that "only one was
made in June of 1953" and then I realize I have a better chance of
getting a Saturn V rocket :-)

Steve