Re: [MV] A military Delorean?

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 19:02:57 PST

islander@midmaine.com writes:

<< Some of them look so cool that I'm
 tempted to find out where I could get one, until I see that "only one was
 made in June of 1953" >>

A strangely high percentage of this stuff seems to have survived....there was
a pilot model of a FMTV truck on ebay a few weeks ago. A fellow on this list
has the one of a G-792 model that never went into production. Another fellow
I know with has a prototype Crosley Jeep type vehicle, dunno if it is one of
a kind, but it is not common, then there was the belly-flopper that was
displayed at MVPA convention in KC. The "honey-bear" prototype is for sale in
supply line, and some fellow is restoring the big Reo 8x8 prototype from the
fifties....these are just things I know of, and I'm not really a student of
these things.

DD