Re: [MV] M44's withdrawn from sale

From: TacticalTruck@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 05:37:15 PST

In a message dated 1/10/02 8:00:24 AM, bwbody@epix.net writes:

>The M44 Kaiser Jeep 2 1/2 ton fire trucks that were for sale in Albany, GA
>(items 1200-1209) appear to have been removed from the sale list.
>L-L must have gotten a better deal on the side. So much for fair & open
>bidding.

Somebody may have realized they should be sold with an End Use Certificate.
We all just went through a big fight in Congress basically because DLA is not
doing their job in insuring the SML items are properly surplused and they
want to be able to take back their screw ups. A couple sales ago I complained
to Battle Creek, mainly because I wanted to get Government Liquidators in
trouble, that some trucks requiring End Use Certificates were being sold
improperly. Sorry, but I love tossing in wrenches.
Jeff
TacticalTruck.com