Levy Latham now Govt Liquidators.

From: M35A2USA@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 05:41:36 PST

The whole program of having a civilian outfit sell the surplus was brought to
you by the Clinton/Gore team... Downsize the government and give jobs to
lower paid civilians. The folks at the Government's replacement "Commercial
Venture" are not the problem... Heck, they were the low bidders on a
job... No different than GM getting the contract and making the CUCV the
worthless piece of rubble that it is. Why the 24 volt system of the
Tactical M-series was not used on the CUCVs will be debated for years... Why
were the M880 tires and wheels and Cucv tires and wheels not
interchangeable?? Why did the M715 have to carry two spare tires and wheels
of different types when towing a M101 trailer??? This too will pass and
among us surpies, the strong will survive and still have fun and the weak
will be "P####" off. Heck, I can remember buying scrap consisting of 15
M38A1 and M38 Jeeps in the Old Fort Devens for $15 a ton and thinking it was
not too special a deal...Now I go and buy a CUCV for $4000 and feel the
same... Just remember, there is always surplus left at the end of the
money....sort of like there is always some month left at the end of the $
when you are trying to raise a family.... Off line replies respectfully
answered.. Flames will be extinguished by a high pressure line from my M211
fire truck....No demil required...!! RAM (can ya tell I have cabin fever
here in Vermont---the other Buffalo when it comes to snow???)