NARA/FLW Annuals/Static Displays

From: Greg Stephens (mrsquid_underway@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 05:44:23 PST

Howdy!

Amen to the comments on NARA, you could spend YEARS there and only
scratch the surface. There was a fellow researching Rifles, US, M1 that
spent something like 3 years coming up with serial # lists, and he still
isn't finished (?), there are a lot of things that are indexed in funny
ways..like pictures of MacArthur's Limo would probably not be under
anything vehicle-related. And learning the "rules" at NARA will kill your
first day.

Also don't overlook other photo sources...the Naval Institute has over
35,000 images! Does the Army have a "Motor T Society"....I'll bet they
do! And I'd bet they're dying for new members...

I was at FLW, MO yesterday...local used bookseller has several
"Graduation Books" (?) in inventory...mostly AIT. Contact me OL if
interested.

Finally, is there an index of static displays/museums? If not, there
should be.

"Find it before it finds you" (Unofficial Navy Mineman's Motto)