Re: [MV] Radios? What radios?

From: Rich Weinkauf (rweinkauf@msn.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 07:49:34 PST

>In fact, in my former home state of Michigan,
>using or even having a working RT-68 in your vehicle is a felony!! Seems
>it can receive and transmit on State Police frequencies. Check your local
>laws.

Yep, this is true in Michigan UNLESS you are the holder of an FCC Amateur
Radio license of Technician Class or higher.

I would like to join Jim in urging those of you who do buy working radios
for your trucks, especially those that transmit in the Amateur Radio Service
VHF bands, to become licensed to use the frequencies your equipment is
capable of.

Look into the Amateur Radio Relay League's Licensing information at:

http://www.arrl.org/hamradio.html

Rich

Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT
Cruise Missile Coordinates: 42d 28.05'N 083d 22.87'W
HummerID 97.5 Fly Yellow Wagon
1970 Kaiser-Jeep M35A2 ** MVPA #20486
Load Warrior Website http://www.m35a2.info
M35 Cool Stuff Site http://www.highprofilevehicles.com