[MV] Super singles vs. 1100s

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 07:27:36 PST

List,
I just got (or, more accurately, will be taking delivery of) an M932 with the 1100s on it. While I prefer the super singles on the M939 series trucks, I seem to remember hearing something with regard to the hauling characteristics of these taller tires. Can anyone shed some light on this? Although my memory is very vague on this, I seem to remember it might have had something to do with the side walls and sway while hauling a load. I plan to haul my M172A1 (approx. 16,000 pounds) and either my M548A1 (approx. 16,000 pounds) or my M125 (approx. 32,000 pounds). In other words, the tractor is going to be hauling a substantial amount of weight.

Thanks,
Bruce

1957 M125 w/w
1966 M172A1