Re: [MV] Pulling Trailers - Weight/Brakes Question

From: Jim Wiehe (j.wiehe@sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 09:42:59 PST

> HI All....
>
> Got a question on an M101A1 trailer... I've seen people pull them with M37
> and I assume M1008's (and such).... I have a 2001 Chevy Tahoe... I'm
> looking to use this trailer with it for some work, its in restoration now,
> but I have heard, talking to people that it shouldn't be pulled with my
> truck....
>
> I know the weight is OK... Is there something I'm missing here... I can't
> see anything wrong with it and I assume it will be fine... Anyone have any
> bad experiences...? I pull my M416 just fine...
>
> Has anyone pulled anything bigger than 3/4 ton without additional brakes??
>
> Thanks
> Chris
 I have a '53 M101CDN 3/4 ton trailer with the 900x16 NDT tires and I tow it
with my '98 Durango. I have had about 2000 lbs. in it ( yes overweight ) and I
had no problems with it, other than you must anticipate stopping it.
Some day I will get one of the M101A2 trailers with surge brakes.

Jim Wiehe , VA3JHW
mail to : j.wiehe@sympatico.ca