M35 locking hubs and license plate

From: Amnon Nissan (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 06:10:11 PST

I just finished installing Arthur's "Locking Hubs" on my Deuce and it
amazing how much quieter the truck rolls now. The whole operation took
about 30 minutes to complete. Only bad thing is they look out of place so I
am planing on painting them flat black when it gets a little warmer. (the
power steering kit from Arthur is still in the box though :-((

Question: Can anything get damaged if the truck is shifted into front wheel
drive without the hubs being locked?

As far as mounting license plates on a Deuce. I took the truck yesterday to
the local Highway patrol headquarters to have it "Inspected". I also called
the Sheriff's office since I wanted to get both offices to look at it but
didn't want to have to take the M2 cover off twice (What a pain), so they
sent a deputy over to the Highway patrol station. When asked "where is your
lic. plate" I took it out of the glove compartment and handed it over. The
Sheriff deputy walked behind the truck and nodded his hear saying "I see,
no place to mount it without defacing the truck". It was agreed that as
long as they have the hood numbers I made up, to cross reference with the
real plate, I can just keep the plate in the glove compartment. Main thing
was to have the gun covered unless I was in a parade, something I told them
I do anyway in order to keep Steve Workman's art from rusting anyway.

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan

Deltaforce
919-852-2121