Re: [MV] Overseas purchases?

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 12:11:32 PST

At 11:21 AM -0800 1/17/02, Horrocks, Aaron wrote:
>This topic interests me...
>
>There is a company in Russia that I get e-mails from time to time. Their
>company scouts out rivers, lakes, swamps, forests, etc and find tanks and
>other military vehicles, pulls them out from decay and cleans 'em up.
>
>Yes, you've got it: They want to sell me a tank. I wonder what the laws are,
>and what the transportation costs would be like?

You know, I've thought that such expeditions could be a fun and
interesting (as well as potentially profitable) thing. 4-8 people
with an equal share and some recovery gear go over to a site known to
have been the locale of a WWII battle and hunt up old wrecks of rare
items for recovery and restoration.

If I were into German armour, I'd go for it in a heartbeat. I'd be
more interested in British gear though. That means North Africa and
western Europe. Hmm, perhaps I need to take a trip to Egypt.

BTW Aaron, any relation to XXX Corps' commander?

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -