Re: [MV] Overseas purchases?

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 16:31:31 PST

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 7:21 PM
>Subject: Re: [MV] Overseas purchases?
>

>> This topic interests me...
>>
>> There is a company in Russia that I get e-mails from time to time. Their
>> company scouts out rivers, lakes, swamps, forests, etc and find tanks and
>> other military vehicles, pulls them out from decay and cleans 'em up.
>>
>> Yes, you've got it: They want to sell me a tank. I wonder what the laws are,
>>
>What laws ? Law according to the State, the NVKD, KGB, Mr Putin or the
official
>you're faced with proffering your passport with a wedge of dollar bills in it,
>or the rampant underworld there now that seems to run everything ?
>
>> and what the transportation costs would be like?
>>
>Best be sitting down I think.
>
>Richard
>Southampton - England

I would have to agree with Richard on this one.A friend of mine who is the
head spud inspector for Canada had to go to the Ukraine on a joint
government spud project and he siad the mob has as much power as the
police.he had police escort all the time but the biggest problems were
always the mob and getting thru crossings and each municipality has
crossings.hands were being greasd on a daily basis and they know how much
coin you have and will get all of it and then some before you get out.
Andre