Re: [MV] Overseas purchases?

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 19:19:13 PST

Hi Rikk and all...

>On all of these questions Nickolay has said they can work the problems out.
>Putting money in an escrow account has been suggested.

That is definitely something I would require if I were looking into this.

>As I said "caveat emptor", but if you want Russian of German MVs, its the
>only game in town.

Not really. It is very easy to get ex-Soviet AFVs. Remember, they
exported these suckers EVERYWHERE. I know of a T-34/85 for short money
which is advertised in MV Mag every month. There are also dealers which
bring them out of countries like the Czech Republic. German stuff...
well, that stuff is just plain rare but it does surface now and again.

>You ain't gonna find no old battlefields in south Texas with a panzer on

Ain't that the truth! I can find plenty of rusty cars and tractors
though up my way.

>Had I the cash to play, I would sure enough like to have a T34, a Sherman
>would be nice, but the T34 was built to beat the stuffing out of a Panther,
>history in the making.

Panther was developed to beat the T-34, not the other way around. And
boy... did it :-)

Steve