RE: [MV] M2 Browning .50, CCKW Axles

From: tonygull (tonygull@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 11:48:38 PST

It would be good if a few of us can work on the project
I downloaded a picture from
www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m2-mg-lar

>From this, the dimensions provided by listers and other pics, it
is my intention to scale it 1:1...viewing the pic, I reckon I can
build a very awesome replica just from basic hardware and metalshop
items..it would be very helpful to actually SEE one. Soon I am
going on holiday to Canberra, and hope to visit the War museum.
They should have one...even a CCKW maybe?

My CCKW has a slight mod, wereby 2" tubes are mounted vertically on the
front of the door gaps..I left them during thr resto, cause i thought they
would be handy later...I can use them as receiving tubes for a tailshaft
with the uni joint on top to mount the M2 replica!