Re: [MV] Overseas purchases?

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 11:23:00 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Webster" <jimweb@simonides.prestel.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Overseas purchases?

> Richard Notton wrote:
>

> > The Christie system does live on to today, the Scorpion family uses the
design
> > where its applicable for high speeds in a light vehicle, fast these things
are.

> Sorry to break into your suspension overdose here Richard but the
> Christie system used springs inside a double hull wall whereas the CVR-T
> family uses torsion bars.

Indeed, but I was thinking more along the lines of large road wheels acting also
as return guides as the "trademark" of Christie systems rather than just the
spring type used.

Perhaps the ability to run, drive and steer roadwheels whilst trackless is
really the nub of Christie's idea and this demands large roadwheels.

R.