Re: [MV] ART-13 & BC-348 FS

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 11:47:20 PST

These are, today, amateur radio items with the transmitter requiring a
license to operate since it is 100 watts output HF which is serious rf
generation (all caveats apply). A bit big to schlep around in your jeep,
however appropriate the matchup might be from an historic pov. Unless you
really want to use it as a ham transmitter for am or morse code (cw), you
will loose almost all available space in such a small vehicle. Maybe a
deuce or an M37. The ART-13 is a MF/HF transmitter by Collins, Inc and is
definitely one of the 'Ten Wonders of the World" which put everything made
by RCA to shame as soon as it was released. The 'auto-tune' mechanism is
amazing to see in action. Once it finds the frequency it is rock stable,
as are subsequent Collins rigs. Belongs indoors in a radio room. Bill

N2KQA

--
wwd@netheaven.com