Re: [MV] M35 Shimmy

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 17:41:54 PST

In a message dated 1/21/2002 8:27:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Webmaster@net-connection.net writes:

<< Is
 this compressor like a normal air compressor that you guys just plug a line
 into and use your tools on?? Is it on every multifuel deuce?? >>

Every M44 (M35) type has the compressor and tanks. They are primarily for the
air-over-hydraulic brake system. The air is also used for other accessories:
horn, wipers, fording positive-pressure system, trailer brakes, and, if I may
utter a shameless plug for one of my products, power steering.

The auxiliary airline on the firewall branches off to a utility air outlet
located in the cab, just under the glove box. A suitable quick-connector and
hose can be hooked up to fill tires, and to run air tools. Some guys also
buy an extra brake glad-hand and screw in a hose quick-connect, so that the
hose can be hooked up to the
"Emergency" trailer brake outlet at the rear of the truck.

This ability to fill the kid's beach toys and the wife's tires is often the
benefit that clinches the deal with the "War Department" who asks those
outrageously rational questions, like "What in the world are you going to do
with that thing" when you drive your new toy into the driveway.

apb
www.M35products.com

M35A2 w/w "Humm This"