Government Liquidation (longish)

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 20:11:37 PST

While I am not yet an enormous fan of Government Liquidation...there needs to
be some thought put into some of the things said in this forum.

I think the suggestion that hobbyists inspect and catalog the property is an
outstanding one...I volunteer to take care of nearby Ft. Campbell. I can do
this easily, all the good trucks that me or my buddies want are "used, poor
condition" and have thrown rods and need extensive repairs. So my friends
ought to be able to buy them for couple hundred bucks each. After all, that
is the least that you the taxpayers can do for my free labor, right?

Yeah, yeah....the SF 97 is not supposed to be transferable, and is made out
to Government Liquidation....have any of you tried to transfer it? I bet
more often than not that and a bill of sale will go right through. It did
when I sold a truck I bought from DRMO and gave the buyer my SF97 and a bill
of sale three years ago.

And I am sure that no one who posts to this list has ever made a typo either.

While obviously vehicles are of the greatest importance to members of this
list, I suspect if one were to look at sales dollars by commodity group at
GL, I doubt that 2320 is number one. I'd be surprised if it is even in the
top ten.

As I see it....the stockholders are in business to make money, how honorable
their intentions are I (and likely no one else on this list) do not know.
BUT, the folks that any of us are likely to have direct contact with are
probably just working stiffs like me and you. They are new on this job, and
have to have some knowledge of a broad range of items. While I feel
confident that I could exceed the knowledge of MOST GL employees when it came
to deuces, Dan maybe even hold my own on CUCV's, but I would quickly get lost
on radios, electronic equipment, computers, aircraft parts, etc., etc. Yet
the GL employees, few that they are, have to deal with all of this.

As far as a list of successful bidders, which was handy when DRMS provided
it, and is still available. The list is short, it is Government Liquidation.
 They have BOUGHT all of these items from the government in a special auction
last year. They are CHOOSING to sell some of their property via online
auction. They are not choosing to publish a complete customer list (just
like most businesses do not provide a list of their customers to the public).

There has no doubt been some colossal screwups on the part of GL, but to
characterize all their employees as crooks would be akin to calling all HMV
collectors survivalist nuts.

My .02,
David Doyle