Our DRMO System

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 06:04:01 PST

"> I thought that this was a list for military vehicle enthusiasts!! not a
> bitch about government liquidators list. enough is enough!"

IT IS and I don't really understand this sentiment especially coming from
the UK. It also discusses other topics that support MV's and HOW WE GET
THEM!! Importation as well. I don't know how the Brits get their surplus
but WE here in the United States have a SERIOUS problem with what is
happening to surplus military property at this writing. After the Clinton
Administration, (dark part of our history) we have seen a serious decline
in how ex-military property is disposed of. Without DRMO's, we would have
NO MILITARY VEHICLES. This list has other important values too. Just think
how the UK government (if you can call it that-a monarchy-it's certainly
NOT "of, by and for the people") treats it citizens with regards to weapons
and $5 a gallon gasoline/petrol. Well I'll be dammed if this happens in
this country!! Look at Canada, (British rule) what's happening up there
now? The U.S. was founded on certain rights (look at history-one was
getting the British out of our country or we would have NO guns or a
Democracy-sorry!) and our rights are very subtly being taken away at this
minute. This DRMO subject needs to be looked at very carefully and we even
have an agent who is on this list who may be trying to do something about
this issue. (Thank you Mr. David Wright!) Here in this country WE THE
PEOPLE stand up for ourselves AND TRY TO CHANGE WHAT WE DON'T LIKE ABOUT OUR
GOVERNMENT for the good of the people. NO OTHER COUNTRY CAN CLAIM THIS
RIGHT!!! I am amazed what this list has done thus far to bring attention to
the DRMO system and if/when it is changed, we will see more vehicles as well
as parts come out into our hands! SORRY! I have to call a spade a spade
here and cannot remain silent on this subject. I am tired of the GL in Ft
Campbell, KY. They are useless and you cannot find out what is going on
there. They used to send out bid invitations, and now you barely find out
what was sold YESTERDAY under your nose to someone you never heard of or
even know how they found out about it. If folks on the other side of the
pond stood up to their government and told them what they wanted, there
would probably would be no more wars. (Look at Afghanistan!) This list
has far more value than just discussing how to tighten lugnuts on a duece!
Yes, enough is enough but without the DRMO, we would no longer have anything
to discuss if it is taken away from us. Get a life and stand up for
yourselves!!! Julian Burke