Valid GL Auction Precedures List (REPLY)

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 06:42:55 PST

This GL group seem to have broken with every known auction procedure. It
would seem that they have deliberately created this "new Order Auction
System"

It would seem that the problem is that, "they are the only game in town" !

No competition means bad news for each and every bidder.

Let's get to our legislators and ask for some pertinent phone calls to the
GL management re their totally unacceptable operating proedures.

A 12 point, "Problems List" was posted very recently.
This List has to be "one of the best" Question and Answer writeups I have
seen in a long, long time.
I would email this list to your legislators. I would ask your legislators to
call the Military Brass who set up this system... and call the GL as well
regarding their unacceptable auction business action..

For now, exercise the old faithful "BUYER BEWARE - LIKE THE PLAGUE".

I would hate to be part of one of these auctions.
Another, Huge "American Ripoff" ...is the buyers premium" !
The actioneer is acting in an agents position for a seller.
Why would the agent need to be paid twice?
Of course, they could be acting as an purchasing agent for an absentee
bidder.
But they are not my agent are they, if I attend an auction or mail in a bid?
They are the sellers agent ...so, "NO BUYERS PREMIUMS"

Rob P.
Upstate Ny area near Syracuse.
'42 MB Been to #ell and back (runs nice)
43 USMC radio jeep (complete, but engine siezed)