Re: [MV] Oh boy is right

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 16:05:20 PST

Jack,

>Amack...... I happen to think discussing MV auction problems on the MV
>chat circle is relavant and productive.

That is a gross misreading of David's post, and therefore you have
totally missed his point. He did not say to shutup about GL or to sugar
coat messages to/about them. What he said is drop the very poor attitude
shown to David Wright thus far and things will be a LOT more productive.
 I don't know why people think pissing someone off and calling them names
helps things, since I have found that it does the exact opposite.
 Rational discussion is impossible in an virtual bar brawl.

I was always taught that if you were right and presented your case calmly
and clearly, people will listen to you. The inverse is also true. God
knows I when I see a customer of mine get himself all worked up into in a
flaming tizzy over something I promptly ignore him. However, the
rational ones get listened to with great interest. I don't care how right
the abusive ones are, I am not a virtual punching bag.

GL appears to have some MAJOR problems. True. They are also brand new
at this whole thing. So can't the critics stay focused on the facts and
how things might be improved instead of dragging in the rather tiresome
load of abuse, conspiracy theories, and the VERY TIRED "Clintons are the
Anti-Christ" baggage we see on this list far too often? Yeah, I know
this really touches off some people's emotions, but being abusive is
counter productive.

Steve