[MV] List of bidders

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 05:53:53 PST

David,
Why doesn't G-L list the bidders the same way the DRMO did? I, for one, like to see how my bid placed amongst other bidders, whether I win or lose. It provides me with information for future auctions (e.g., bid higher/lower the next time). I have bid on, and won, items through G-L. I do not recall signing anything (or approving anything) that guaranteed my anonymity. Personally, I used to like to peruse the list of bidders. I honestly don't care if people know how much I bid. That should be public information. (The DRMO used to list name,address and bid amount.)

I would like to hear the logic behind switching the open-bid auctions to sealed bids. I am not necessarily for or against either, but I am curious to understand your company's rationale.

Your responses would be appreciated.

Bruce

1957 M125 w/w
1966 M172A1