Re: [MV] Sale 602

From: A762x54mm@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 05:44:18 PST

In a message dated 1/25/02 6:54:45 AM Central Standard Time, flmv@flmv.net
writes:

<< do you make your living this way?
 i do, and i find auctions much better for winning parts for you collectors.
 have lost a $5588.88 sealed bid by $0.04 cents. at auction i would have owned
 it.
 have lost a 188.88 lot by $3.00. at auction i would have owned it.
 have bought $27,500.00 worth of gambles on one sale and not got a single lot
 that i knew i could turn right away to recoup my money.
 again, from a business point of view auctions rule!!!!
 sealed bids suck. >>

No I do not make my living off surplus.

I like sealed bid auctions because I have a chance at winning an item. I have
participated in internet auctions through GL and it was a joke. Leave the
auction open for 15 minutes until the last bid is accecpted. I spent an hour
bidding for things that were nowhere near the value of what was being bid for
them.
If I wanted to spend $3000+ for a M35 I would toss in a few more bucks and go
see Mr. Joe Young. But I cannot afford that price.
If I lose an auction for .02 or $200, it's all the same. I lost because I
didn't bid enough. I move on.
Everyone loses something in life. Some more than others.
FYI, I got my M35 for $675.00.....I am happy with that.

Gene Rivers
72 AM/Gen M35A2 6x6 "Deuce and a Half"
2 1/2 ton Troop/Cargo Truck, Hard Top Cab, Troop Seats,
478ci Multi-Fuel Tubo Diesel, 10,000# PTO Winch, Air Shift Front Axle.
"Got Mud?"