Re: [MV] Vehicle magazine

From: Colin Macgregor Stevens (cmstevens@telus.net)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 22:13:06 PST

Everyone greatly admired Bart Vanderveen the editor and author of WHEELS &
TRACKS magazine, and when he died, that magazine closed down. I have the
full set.
:-)

A couple of magazines have now started up in the UK.

MILITARY MACHINES INTERNATIONAL
Model Activity Press Ltd.,
3 High Street,
Chesham
Bucks,
Hp5 1BG
England

US & Canadian Subscriptions
c/o
Wise Owl Worldwide Publications
1926 S. Pacific Coast Highway, Suite 204,
Redondo Beach,
CA,
90277
USA
Tel. (310) 944-5033
Fax (310) 944-9963\E-mail: wiseowl@sprintmail.com
(available from W.H. Smith and other newsagents)

The other magazine is:
CLASSIC MILITARY VEHICLE
86 Newman St.,
London,
W1T 3EX
Tel 020-7396 8000
Fax: 0207-7396 8002
(if phoning from North America, check phone procedure, country code and I
think you drop the first 0 of the numbers)
In North America, same distribution agent as the above: Wiseowl Other
agents in Australia and Holland.

Both of the above are monthly magazines.

Some differences between the above two magazines and "Wheel and Tracks":
1. Monthly rather than quarterly.
2. Stores usually return unsold issues so it is harder to get back issues.
3. In W&T almost all articles were written by Bart Vanderveen. These
magazines have articles by many authors.
4. These magazines have lots of colour photos.

A British slant of course, especially the buy and sell stuff, but they cover
vehicles from all over the world. German, British, American, Soviet etc.Old
and new. Good coverage of the huge European shows and events. Lots of ads by
British and European surplus vehicle dealers.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
cmstevens@telus.net
or (as second choice)
seaforth72@hotmail.com

LOST MESSAGES: Due to technical problems, many messages have been lost by
colin@pacdat.net address. My apologies for any inconveniences this may have
caused. Several hundred messages were lost at various times in the Fall of
2001.
MVPA #954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977) http://www.westerncommand.com
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/colin_stevens'_1944_willys_mb_photos.htm