Re: [MV] HELP!! M1008 lights

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 13:09:41 PST

List,
Fixed! Here's one for the books. Looks like when I was checking fuses,
I either left one out or stuck it in an unused socket after taking it out and
testing it. Put a fuse in the empty space and got my lights and signals
back, but the alternator and low water lights were still out. Showed that it
was charging a little, but not enough. Went through the ritual and as a
last resort I checked the bulbs, which were working fine when I first
started working on the truck. All three bulbs were blown! Put new bulbs
in and all seems to be okay.
Thanks to Mike Hill for offering some advice. He recommended checking
all of the fusible links, which all turned out to be good. At least it gave
me a start on where to look for the problems.
Joe Young