[MV] HELP!! M1008 lights

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 10:22:11 PST

List,
I have an M1008 that had the little red shift indicator broken off,
so I pulled the black plastic instrument panel cover and the clear
plastic speedometer and fuel gauge cover. I repaired the indicator
and while I had it uncovered, I wanted to see why the voltmeter
wasn't working. Maybe it was just stuck, because now it works.
When I first started to work on it, I bumped the turn signal lever
and the left signal started blinking as it should. The water in fuel
light isn't working, so I started testing fuses. Pulled a couple of
fuses that I had trouble getting the voltmeter probe into and they
were good and voltage was present. Before I put it all back
together, I wanted to make sure all the dash lights worked, so I
turned on the headlights. Nothing lit. Checked to make sure the
headlights were lit, but they weren't, so I made sure that the b.o.
light switch was in the correct position. Still no headlights or dash
lights. Now, I discover that the signal lights are not working and
both generator lights are out. I pulled the b.o. switch and no current
is present. I have juice at the big red wires on the alternators. I
started checking fuses and found that no current is present at some
of the fuses. I've lost part of my circuit and can't figure out where.
The glow plug system is working fine and the wait light comes on
when I cold start the engine. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe Young