Interesting Cargo on I-20

From: Jasper Welsch (cucvman@jam.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 17:18:42 PST

I saw two very interesting things going west on I-20 in Jackson, MSm today;
Russian Tanks!
They were on commercial lowboy trailers and were wrapped up in black tarps.
It was obvious that they were tanks as it is hard to hide a gun barrel even
if it is wrapped up. I looked carefully at the second one as I went past.
I could see enough of the suspension to tell it had large road wheels with a
space between the first and second wheel. Only one thing in the world I
know of that looks like that: T-54/55. Does anybody have a clue as to where
they might be headed? Somebody went to alot of effort to tarp them as they
did.

Jasper Welsch at Home
1984 M1009 CUCV