Sitting Corrected about Reforger and M35 Winch question

From: Winget, William A CONT JTFCS5G (winget@jfcom.mil)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 06:08:05 PST

Thanks for the leads on the possible WW I Tanks, and a lead on a Pack 75.
Follow-ups on reasonable leads will be made.

As to Reforger, I said Return of Forces Europe. Meant Germany, sorry.(I'm
turning 41 next week that's it....)

Also the reference to "Refailure" as a nickname, came from an ex-Colonel I
knew, referring to the fact that by the time the US Forces Deployed to
Europe, the Former Soviet Union would have been across the country lest we
resorted to unpleasant weapons, etc. So it really was an exercise in
futility deploying troops over there for the exercise, etc.
 Oh well, a LOT of stories and such from the Cold War.

MV Content The Winch lever on the passenger side of the M35 Deuce. Which
position does WHAT? There's a lock mechanism in front of that on the side
as well. Can't seem to get to the manuals to answer the question. I
thought the rear lever was reverse/ forward (and the lock on the side was
disengage) But then why have Spool / Unspool in the cab. A simple
explanation would be nice.

Regards and happy MV'ing.
W. Winget