Re: [MV] Hol-Gar / Regohm Gen Set looking for manuals

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 07:06:26 PST

>I thank everyone for the information so far.
>
>I am still trying to find out the correct Item/production number/
>discription of this set.
>In order to get the propper Technical Manual.
>
>The engine is not a WW2 jeep engine as I know all about them it looks like a
>small Hercules JXD engine this engine is a 4 cylinder block with upside down
>intake -exhaust manifold and carburator.
>
>What I try to find out is wether the engine is started with 12v or 24v
>batttery. No inscription on starter.

Holy cow.... I have a "John Hollingsworth" generator unit model GE-100 that
looks to a sibling of this. Seems to be the same engine and the skid and
sheetmetal look to be off the same drawing board as is the control panel
location and construction. My unit was made in 53. The engine on mine is a
Hercules IXB and looks to be identical to yours except my oil filler is on
the other side. Your one picture shows the "IXB", that's the engine model
number. I am told by an industrial truck mechanic freind that this was a
very poplular engine for fork trucks and such. There must have been a
series of generators made off the same basic plans. I am in need of manuals
also, if you find any let me know. I would assume it's 24V, can you tell
anything from the generator (belt driven) or it's regulator? I converted
mine to run LP and/or natural gas, get rid of the gasoline mess for long
term storage.

later,

je