Re: [MV] David Wright's response to Vehicle Titling

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 13:52:30 PST

At 2:19 PM -0700 1/29/02, dwright@govliquidation.com wrote:
>Listers,
>
>Here are some answers:

David, its good to see you very interested in fixing the problems
that the MV'ers see in the current process. Thanks for taking the
time.

[snip]

>PROPOSED PROCESS: Vehicle sold to GL - GL receives SF97 in GL's name - GL
>sends SF97 for title - Title placed in GL's name - GL places vehicle in up
>coming sale - Vehicle sold in sale to MV member - Payment received by GL
>from buyer for vehicle - Paid-in-full invoice sent to buyer and warehouse -
>Title transferred to new buyers and sent to new buyer. This process will
>cut the time it takes to get the new title to the buyer. Is it perfect? No.
>Can it be improved? Yes. I am still working on the proposed process and the
>improvements.

This proposed process sounds very very good. Less intimidating than
the current requirement for the SF97 to be completed by the end buyer
and processed through by GL. If you guys have already bought the item
from the Government, then you theoretically ought to be the ones that
fill that form. As you are the defacto reps, that process should be
faster.

[snip]

>As to using the resources of the MV group by taking photos, writing
>descriptions, and being a resource, I like this suggestion. This would take
>some work and logistic planning on the part of GL and with the MV'ers . I
>would like to explore this suggestion in more detail in the coming weeks.
>Using the MV members as resources or VENDORS could create some limitations
>on those who act as VENDORS or resources. Those who act as Vendors may be
>limited or excluded from buying the vehicles they have worked on so they
>do not have an unfair advantage over any other bidder.

There has been some unsettled mumbling about this being a potential
pit fall as well. How about specific representatives that are well
known acting as a guide for setting up the process?

As far as the web side and getting the data out there, I hope your
folks are on the ball on the Information Systems side of thing. In
some respects you could send a person with about $2500 worth of
Macintosh hardware (iBook, wireless card/base station and digital
camera) into a field and have them update the site from that locale
using wireless network gear in a quick and easy manner.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                                  SW1025 H -